poetry. thoughts and more than make-believe.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Stuck in the middle

Today I found out I'm getting an assistant.
The "thing" about it is I used to have this job that the new-girl is taking.
24 hours a week.
Fun.
Joy.
Living the dream.



But, like my BFF who is soon to rule the world, I found myself in my now current job without the initative to actually have the position I do.  Actually I never planned on working where I do more than a year...but 18 years later I find that I believe in it and love what I do.  And now I picture my position as a line or triangle, where I'm the middle point...one side does it's job, now the other side will do theirs and I'm stuck in the middle.

And let me tell you--I don't like being in the middle.

It's messy in the middle.  Generally. 

I like having a purpose that is outside of the middle. 
That's kinda what sides are..
Right.
Left.
And then what--Middle.

If you think of politics, which I also don't like--I don't consider myself in the middle either--though I don't consider myself extreme either.

I hope this new co-worker/assistant can be ok with me crossing over to her side, like my other co-worker does.

Once upon a time, it wasn't so complicated--and now I see how managerial stuff is messy.  And really--it doesn't have to be. 

Guess I'll just be re-inventing whatever the middle may be and use the sides as part as the whole...

3 comments:

mrsjohn said...

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
florist australia

ClaireMontgomeryMD said...

welcome to world domination. i love you.

Scribblers Inc said...

ok THAT right there, is pretty complicated...

Scribblers Inc.

"Happiness is only real when shared".....from Into the Wild
There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive