Stuck in the middle

Today I found out I'm getting an assistant.
The "thing" about it is I used to have this job that the new-girl is taking.
24 hours a week.
Fun.
Joy.
Living the dream.



But, like my BFF who is soon to rule the world, I found myself in my now current job without the initative to actually have the position I do.  Actually I never planned on working where I do more than a year...but 18 years later I find that I believe in it and love what I do.  And now I picture my position as a line or triangle, where I'm the middle point...one side does it's job, now the other side will do theirs and I'm stuck in the middle.

And let me tell you--I don't like being in the middle.

It's messy in the middle.  Generally. 

I like having a purpose that is outside of the middle. 
That's kinda what sides are..
Right.
Left.
And then what--Middle.

If you think of politics, which I also don't like--I don't consider myself in the middle either--though I don't consider myself extreme either.

I hope this new co-worker/assistant can be ok with me crossing over to her side, like my other co-worker does.

Once upon a time, it wasn't so complicated--and now I see how managerial stuff is messy.  And really--it doesn't have to be. 

Guess I'll just be re-inventing whatever the middle may be and use the sides as part as the whole...

Comments

welcome to world domination. i love you.
Scribblers Inc said…
ok THAT right there, is pretty complicated...

Scribblers Inc.

Popular Posts