Shot on the Highway

I was dreaming when BD came into my room.
I heard him undressing, shoes off, climbing into bed...but I
was in limbo-dream state.

I was walking down a road and had been shot repeatedly.  I looked around
realizing I was on the highway and knew whoever was after me wouldn't
give up until I was dead.

It was dark and I was in pain, but I continued--and in real-life as BD crawled into bed I knew that I would die on this empty highway.
I knew that I would go to whatever heaven may be.
I wasn't worried about either fact. 
All I could think of was that when I woke up from this impending death,
I would forget this life. This joy. My family. My love.
And I didn't want to forget any of it.
I didn't want to forget BD.

And then as he snuggled in behind me, he said something to me...and I told him in a half-sleep state I had been shot.  He reassured me he wouldn't let anyone shoot me.  And I fell back asleep with his warm body wrapped next to mine.

Comments

sweet and scary. don't die. ever.

Popular Posts