For the good...

I won't apologize for not writing...I will simply write.
xoxo

So...anyhow,

Today I found myself sitting in yet another meeting.
I won't go into any great detail, but I'll share what is bothering me.


Because of this tiny tsunami
day
to (2)
day
responsibilities
shift under the rug,
on top of the staircase
and inside whispery voices.

One
but
two (2)
sat
explaining fairness,
how there will not be flexibility and in that,
there will be no 8 o'clock
ship docking.

9 o'clock is when the bell will ring.

No playground laughter,
straight to the dentist chair.

And I said, with a crack in my voice, "I can't afford not to teach yoga."
"I wish I could, but I can't."
Mostly I feel, I wish I could afford not to - but I can't - and I don't want to give it up.
I don't want to have to make a choice.
I don't want to hear "what's best for the library."

I want you to understand "what's best for my family."
And I suddenly felt angry.

Wishing I could fall into easy madness,
but my brain doesn't like easy -
instead
understanding
too
(2)
many things

Comments

Popular Posts