And this morning...

Having a quiet weekend at home without the girls and BD playing golf in WV, I readily escaped the house with Tammie for night out in town.  Once upon a time, I would have loved to get dressed up and go to Dayton--dancing the night away, but now I just want to get dressed up and stay close to home.  Ultimately it has to do with the possibility of walking home, if need be.  I didn't need to walk, but I do realize my body isn't used to drinking.  I thank age, awareness and yoga for that. 

We did have fun--well enough fun, I suppose.  I ran into library-kids-grown-up.  Seems impossible that these boys were young like 4 and 5 when I started and now they're in their 20's.  I have a special place for them...they were the ones, just like now, who came everyday after school. Harder home lives.  Harder school lives.  And they would come to hang out.  I suppose they were the first group of kids I got to know.   So--when I see them now--it's like being with younger brothers.   I could see looks from people, I'm sure questioning how I know them.  Not caring, I enjoyed the visit and listened to other friends talk.

This morning I see that even though my mind believes in moderation, my body may not.  I am ok with that.  I am thankful for that.  I love being 39. Om.

Comments

Popular Posts