A week of too many moments

As BD and I were falling asleep last night, I said "this is the moment I've been waiting for all week..." He of course asked why?  Was is the fabulousity of previous moments...well it was--but it was more...it was the fact the week was over.

I rarely anticipate weeks being over..I may wish for a certain event or day to come to an end--but the entire week was overwhelming for me.  Work was running me over just the mere day-to-day events..then it seemed my extra-curricular events overlapped too:

Without whining too much I..
-polished up 2 bellydancing routines for Saturday
-read approximately 220 poems as a judge for a poetry contest
-taught yoga to a fourth grade class and was nervous about how the classroom setting.
-applied for online work

Then of course, be a mom first. My youngest got sick mid-week and with work it was too much to take off all day.  She wasn't puking so I didn't feel horrible, but I felt bad...I miss being "just" as mom at times.  It's very difficult dividing up your time, day, life...I know most of us know that--I am whining now.

On top of these small events, my dryer died and I need to find the warranty-ha...and my dog went to the vet for a split toenail.

All of this is SO nothing in the big picture..I know this 100%--but by Saturday night, after dancing and just being With BD--I was so thankful last week was behind me.  I was able to let go and just RELAX...my sleep was absolutely terrific.  And that was why I was happy for that moment..because it was a week of too many moments.  Seemed to be an underlying theme for most people last week--so cheers to this coming one!

Comments

you're allowed to whine. i do all the time. here's hoping this week is better, but seeing as though it's after 2am and anxiety has me wide awake, i have my doubts.

Popular Posts