She wore a green floral shirt.
The color of her hair, almost her style.
I figured she had it all planned before she decided to lay so still.
I waited for her hands to move.
Always the hands.
They never do.
Photos stab my eyes
thinking she is all of us
arms around her girls around her husband around her family.
She was always so alive
even when she was complaining about library fines.
You knew what she thought.
Her sad teen girls.
Polite hugs and smiles,
"thank you for the food."
And I knew that green shirt was the most lovely outfit I saw all day.
"Happiness is only real when shared".....from Into the Wild
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (85)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (60)
- and i thought about the horse horseman (a.k.a cowb...
- curving curvey curve
- This Memorial Day was one of the first for a time ...
- time for
- because my eyes wouldn't shut shut shut shut sleep...
- make be lie ve ry (make believe) very
- cast away om pale green forest ceiling trees ca...
- Yesterday morning I was sink-standing, doing dish...
- So on my morning walk
- ▼ May (11)