To be or not to be...sick

No grand poetry in being sick...but here we are back at my sick house again.  For the 2nd week in a row, I have 2 out of 3 kids throwing up with belly explosions...yukky yukky yukky.  And I am sure that all 3 will eventually get it...and if I didn't think I might--then I'd be crazy.

Last night, after a wonderfully amazing night of yoga, I came home and gave my sleeping girls their night time kisses.  Or so I thought, sleeping--until #3 tells me she doesn't feel well.  I didn't think much of it, because my girls--plus myself--when we get overly tired we feel like we're gonna puke.  Oh the body is an amazing thing when it knows it needs to shut down...anyhow, I tell her to go back to sleep and go to my room.

I'm sure not 5 minutes passed before I hear the bellowing of MMMMMOOOOOOMMMMM...blah.  Throwing up in the bed and all over...oh yay at 10pm.  Needless to say then it was a night of laundry and up every hour till 5am...and all I could think of was how all-right everything was going to be.  I don't get stressed over puke or sickness in general..I'm sure its a sign of niativity--but I believe it's all ok--and it is.

So--getting up this morning at 6am to get the other two ready for school didn't come easy, but wasn't hard.  This time I thought about babies and the feeling of being beat up every morning from exhaustion.   And I knew I wasn't going to work--so I could go to sleep for an hour or so--as long as the puking had ceased.  It had at least for the moment.

Tomorrow is thankfully another day.  The belly-sick-stuff is pretty much over, but now it's recovery.  I can deal with that too...all this really makes me think of when they were probably 1,3 &5...we had a good month of being sick.  I hardly worked or went outside the house much--and I was sure insanity would set it...but since it didn't I realized I could make it through alot of sick times--hopefully not too many puking nights--but the yearly ones--I can live through.

Comments

you are a stronger woman than i. i was ready to hurl and am exhausted just by reading that.

Popular Posts