poetry. thoughts and more than make-believe.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hiding Narnia

u
pstairs room
             hidden              beneath whose
                                             steps
d
o
w
n and up again
inside a closet
so 


childhood
wintereading
i
shing 
and i said, "this is why I 
bought 
this house...for"
many rooms in one

connected       

while baby girl 1 said 
"this is my bedroom"
i pointed corner
                 bound to say
one thing or 
another to another--baby girl 2 beside
m
e
so thrilled  to have this space
and baby girl 3
+niece
hanging on window screens
while i said,
"you have to use the door if you want inside"



I dreamt about hidden rooms last week... I've been in these dream rooms before--but never completely.  I was so thrilled to have been in the entire space.  I woke up peaceful to have found my rooms.

3 comments:

ClaireMontgomeryMD said...

i almost didn't read this because of my aversion to narnia but glad a i did. it made me sigh.

The new guy in town said...

There is a new book out that I'm sure will be of interest to you and I want to bring it to your attention. Please visit this website:

http://www.eloquentbooks.com/TheRingOfKnowledge.html

NikkiNichole said...

Sounds like you are finding peace in your life as well as your dreams. This makes me happy.

"Happiness is only real when shared".....from Into the Wild
There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive